Thursday, June 4, 2009

Diaper cake, haircut and other tidbits




I've been working on the diaper cake for Melissa's baby shower for a couple days now and I think I'm going to call it DONE. I tried it with a lot more added to it, but it just looked too busy to me, so I pared it back down to just the minimum with a couple other touches. Added the "It's a Girl" on the top, bows and ribbons to the top and bottom layers and the baby's name with a cute little stroller to the middle layer. It's not perfect, but I like it and it looks less like a wedding cake than the first version. Hope Melissa likes it.


Before and After



Yesterday I finally gave in and called the gal that does my hair...I've been growing it out, but just could NOT stand it anymore! Fortunately she was able to get me in late in the afternoon. As you can see from the "before" picture it was really getting out of control. I've got to confess, most days I would straighten it but yesterday I just decided to let it go natural. (I think I knew that this would drive me crazy and I would finally call for an appointment!)





So at 3:00 I headed into town for my 3:30 appointment and consultation with my stylist. (Doesn't that sound fancy? In reality, it's just Dennise, the gal who has been doing my hair for the last 5 years or so.) Ever since I decided to cut my long hair off in 2007 it has been getting shorter and shorter each time I've had it cut. Yesterday we decided to leave it longer than usual in the back and just let it curl up and cut it shorter in the front and only straighten that part. It feels good to finally get some sort of style back, but I'm not sure I like the back...my hair is soooo thick and curly and I'm not thinking I like the back this long. I've got to say the front looks fine, just not sure about the back. I'm going to live with it for a week and if I still don't like it Dennise said she would cut it some more at no cost to me. So, we will see...but for now, it just feels great to have that "mop" gone again!




WHAT'S FOR DINNER

Tonight is pasta nite so I'm planning on making this:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Penne-with-Shrimp/Detail.aspx

Will add lots of extra spices like basil, garlic, red pepper flakes and then garnish with fresh Italian parsley and shaved parmasan cheese. (The reviews say it needs a little added spice.)

I will serve it with fresh steamed asparagus, Caesar Salad and fresh melon.

1 comment:

VonAnde said...

Hey der Baby Sis: I tink I like the before best.
Love Matt