Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Little Card Magic



Do you ever have something you're making turn out just right...you look at it and know that you wouldn't change a thing? I think the last time that happened for me was when I made this mother's day card for Melissa. It was just going to be something quick, thrown together at the last minute and I loved how it turned out.


I knew the picture I wanted to use, it is a picture of Aiden giving her a big hug at her wedding shower a year ago. They both looked so cute together, Aiden with his sunglasses and Lissa in that cute little hat. I remember Aiden running into the room where the shower was being held and he was so happy to see his mom that he ran straight to her, wrapped his little arms around her and hugged for all he was worth. This picture will always remind me of our little boy's unconditional love for his mommy.


So I picked a patterned paper and cardstock I wanted to use, matted the pic on white since I was using a floral background. It looked okay, but it was lacking something. So I added a couple ribbons behind the picture to "ground" it. Found that lavendar ribbon with the black polka dots, perfect for the fun picture! Then I started building a cluster of flowers, ribbons and a stamped tag on the lower right corner of the picture. This is something I always see on other people's creations, but I never seem to get it "just right." This time it really seemed to all come together perfectly for me. I cut a few more flowers from the scraps I had left from the background paper and added them under the tag I stamped and matted, a great finishing touch to my cluster. To balance out the card I stamped a few black flourishes in opposite corners and added a flower and ribbon under the top of the picture and my card was finished.
It is so much fun to make something special for someone special. I know she appreciates the time and effort I put into making cards for her.
Now I need to get downstairs and work some more on the diaper cake for her baby shower. It is slowly starting to come together...can't wait until it is finished and I can post the final pictures! Hopefully I will be as pleased with it as I am with this card!
What's for dinner?
I've got skinless chicken thighs thawing...thinking some sort of coated, baked chicken with rice and asparagus...I'll have to let you know for sure after I check out http://allrecipes.com/
I was going to use this part of my blog to help track what meals I've been serving but perhaps I might also add some pictures...hmmmmm something to think about, combine my love of cooking, love of photography and my blog.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom I LOVE this card I have it in my window cause Aiden, Chad and I think it is THE Best pic ever! Thank you so much for it!